1. Working out is hard work and not my favorite thing to do.
I have been working through my pin boards on Pinterest and am realizing that i am not crazy about this whole working out thing. I do enjoy the arm routines that I have done but everything else.....ugh. i can leave it. but i know that i am getting older and i need to stay healthy.
Here are my boards:
Awesome Arms Board
Lean legs Board and Flat tummy Board
2. The end of the school year is rapidly approaching and I am ready of it, but also, not.
with only 15 and a half days left the race is on to finish out this year strong.
3. Walking with my friend has been one of my things I look forward to each week.
i met her when my son was 2 and i tell people that her daughter was his first friend. they were always so fun to watch play together. we don't attend the same church anymore but i love that we can still connect almost every week over a hour and a half or so of some intense walking and talking. she is a runner but i am thankful that she humors me and chooses to walk with me once a week. i am so blessed by our time together.
4. Watching my son play baseball gets better every game.
check him out here at one of his recent games
5. Hard work pays off.
little girl has been getting better and better at gymnastics every week. her coach was out for two weeks and she has been working on a bunch of different things with her but her cartwheel was one of them. over the two weeks she was off, little girl has gotten surprisingly better at it. she practices more. i think she was afraid of really getting those legs up and over and what would happen but one day she just did it. there was a lot of hooting and hollering on my part. i was pretty excited for her.
Monday, May 02, 2016
I was looking all over for a cute way for my kids to bring their teacher a Starbucks gift card this week for Teacher Appreciation week and I came across this link at Thrifty NW Mom.
Pinterest has a ton of links to other ways you can do this but this was just happened to be my favorite.
this is the final project!
I just need to have the kids sign their name to the card and we are done.
bakers twine or regular twine
coffee sleeve holder
(I just asked the lady at Starbucks if I could grab two, she smiled and said that was fine and thought it would be a cute addition to the card.)
and the printable from Thrifty NW Mom here
this is what one side of the coffee sleeve looked like
this is what the other side of it looked like
I cut the one side off and then it fit on the printable cup better
see, looks like a real Starbucks cup.
you can see that when you cut the coffee sleeve it comes apart
I used some double stick tape to attach the two ends together
then slid the gift card into the sleeve and taped the sleeve onto the printable card.
They gave me this gift card holder so I decided to tape it to the back of the card with the total amount that is on the gift card. then I wrapped the card in the bakers twine.
fun easy teacher appreciation gift and a quick way for me to get my craft on. thank you Thrifty NW Mom for the great idea and printable.
Sunday, May 01, 2016
My good friend Mrs JCrew is having baby #3 and baby #3 will be her 3rd baby boy. we were so excited to celebrate with her.
we asked her some of her food cravings. here is what she listed
she is the momma and she gets to crave what she wants
we had some fruit, veggies, hummus, chips, strawberry cream cheese sandwiches, marshmallows (of course), peanut butter and banana sandwiches and peanut better fudge.
Jessica made these cute favors.
we had tossed around a few ideas and decide on this. I think they came out to great. she did an awesome job.
we had a good group of ladies that were able to attend and some sweet littles that came too.
The Party hostesses and mom to be.
excited to meet baby #3.
Thursday, April 07, 2016
Hi I am new to this, so here goes.......
I have occasionally hopped on over to Emily P. Freeman's Blog.
I have occasionally hopped on over to Emily P. Freeman's Blog.
I have read three of her books and have loved every single one if them. Because i am an occasional reader of her blog, i missed the "What we Learned....." series. I happened to catch it this morning and think it is something that i want to jump into this year. Sure i am two months behind but that is ok. I am fine with that. #beingflexible
I think i need to be a more regular reader of her blog though. especially since her books where go great.
1. Mrs Meyer's everything is my favorite. I may have an addiction. the honeysuckle is probably my favorite right now. Learning how to incorporate more all natural products into our home.
|photo credited to Myquillyn at The Nester|
2. My skin hasn't been this clean in so long. My little sis has been selling Younique make up and I have purchased quite a few items from her. Before this I rarely wore make up. Since buying it i wear it almost every day. it isn't an overwhelming amount either. I still wash and moisturize my face with the same stuff that I have used for awhile but then I apply the primer and either use the pressed powder foundation or the liquid foundation which has been dubbed "liquid gold", and truly it is. I love it. The bronzer i use is Hermosa. I have three of the Lip Stains: sleek, sappy, and shy, two lipsticks: upscale and affluent and the splurge cream eye shadow in "Dainty"
If you are at all interested in trying out Younique makeup i am hear to say that you will not be disappointed. My sister can help you out. you can find her Younique page here or find her on Facebook here. I am learning how to better use make up and still look natural with it. not going to overboard.
|here i am wearing the primer, powder foundation, bronzer and the lip stain "shy" with a bit of the lipstick "upscale" over it.|
4. Easter has become one of my favorite holidays. The past few years I have done the She Reads Truth Lent studies (2016) and have loved them so much. My early years growing up we were Catholic. We went to Mass, we gave up things for Lent (and didn't always stick with it), we went to Catholic school. It wasn't until I was in third grade that we started attending a non-denominational church and learned about having a realtionship with the God who created us. At that point we stopped doing everything that we had done the Catholic way. Giving up something for Lent was not something that we practiced anymore. Three years ago when I did my first SRT Lent study I gave something up and it had been the first time I had done it in years, since I was a kid. Another thing is love about it is that I try for the most part to keep it personal. Sure there are a few people that know about it but I don't walk around talking about and say what I gave up for Lent. I mean, that is not what it is all about right? It is something that you sacrifice, that helps bring you closer in your relationship with the Lord. not something that you need to let everyone know that you are doing and compare how your gift is greater than someone elses or feel less about what you gave up. I think this act of giving up, as an adult has really helped me to focus on the Lord during this time and carry it over into day to day life after Lent.
5. Spend the time with those you love because you are never guaranteed tomorrow. My Nana-in-law went to Heaven at the the end of March. She is now whole and celebrating with our Lord.
Wednesday, April 06, 2016
I have been working through the Karen Kingsbury Family of Jesus study and using the Give Me Jesus Journal from Gretchen Saffle.
I am only four days into the study but I have really enjoyed it. The journal is beautiful and well done.
The second day of the study on Joseph posed a question on uncertainty. I wrote this in my journal:
I think when I was pregnant with Golden Boy there was a lot of uncertainty. It was my first pregnancy, my body didn't always seem to want to cooperate and then ultimately didn't at the end, having me deliver my tiny boy over 2 months early. Being 2lbs and 14oz and struggling for every breath.....those were uncertain times. They feel like a moment ago. Like I can reach back and just touch yesterday but he is pushing 9 years old and growing so big. Those were uncertain times for sure but I feel like when I look back on them we had a peace. Peace that when we left our tiny little guy in the hospital every night that God was there with him, helping him to continue to breath, having him gain the weight he needed, settling his wrestlessness. I feel like we had a peace through most of it.
I am thankful for the uncertain times and the Peace that He brings with them.
These photos were taken by my sister-in-law.
Check out her other work at Pixel Me Photography
she does an amazing job with everything she does.
Thursday, March 31, 2016
On Wednesday Heaven welcomed a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Like my son says she now doesn't need a cane/walker anymore. she is running and whole.
while we are here left sad that she is not with us anymore, we are all grateful for the time that we had to know her, love her, and be loved by her.
here are a few pictures of her and my kids through the years.
|on her 80th birthday with Golden boy (May 2008)|
|this little curly haired cutie is my nephew|
|another birthday celebrating. see me big and pregnant with little girl. this was may 2010 so Nana was turning 82|
|Nana with Little girl just a few days old. her feet were pretty darling and Nana was mesmerized|
|i am pretty sure that she was singing to her|
|this was Easter maybe of 2012|
|Little Girls first birthday party in 2011|