Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
fun and games. use the first letter in your name to answer the questions. be creative and if you can't thing of anything just skip it. this was courtsey of cheryl
1. Famous athlete: jones, chipper (i like the braves too cheryl)
2. Four letter word: jump
3. Street name: st. james place (from monopoly)
4. Color: jade (i love the color green)
5. Gift: jewlery (always a great thing to get)
6: Vehicle: jeep (i'd love to have one one day)
17. Tropical location: jamaica (want to go)
8. College Major: journalism
9. Dairy Product: ben & jerry's ice cream (almost all ice cream is awesome)
10. Things in a Souvenir Shop: jelly beans (i don't know, jelly beans just sound good right now)
11. Boy Name: jason (my bro-in-laws name)
12. Girl Name: jessica (one of my best friends name)
13. Movie Title: jumunji (it's been a while since i've seen this one)
14. Alcohol: jello shots (?, never done these)
15. Occupation: judge
16. Flower: juniper (well i think it's a tree but close enough)
17. Celebrity: julia roberts
18. Magazine: ladies home journal
19. US City: jackson, wy
20. Sports team: jazz (only because they use to be the new orleans jazz and jazz music is fun)
21. Something found in a kitchen: jars
22. Reason for being late: jam (traffic)
23. Something You Throw Away: junk
24. Things you shout: jahosaphat (i'm not sure who shouts that but whatever, it's probably not even spelled right)
25. Cartoon Character: junior asparagus
Sunday, January 28, 2007
i can be thankful that there is no vomiting with it but not to thankful for the sick stomach that i've had.
this process has been progressing this whole past week and getting worse and worse until all i feel like doing is sleeping till late or laying on the couch all day and not moving to much.
my hubby doesn't understand it all that much because, well he's never been through, or never will experience this feeling.
i am trying to be thankful that it just started this week and that i didn't have it the first 7 weeks of pregnancy and also hoping that it will only last another 4 weeks putting me into my 2nd trimester when people say that it usually gets better.
Friday, January 26, 2007
books that i haven't finished...
1. The King of Torts by: John Grisham (never finished and don't know if i will)
2. Sisterchicks in Gondolas by: Robin Jones Gunn (still working on it)
3. The Remnant by: Tim LaHay and Jerry B. Jenkins (got halfway through and couldn't really get into it and don't think that i ever will)
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. camp counselor for a summer
2. hallmark associate
3. data entry at a check printing company
Movies I would watch over and over:
5. tommy boy
6. sweet home alabama
7. the notebook
8. 13 going on 30
Four places you have lived:
9. new orleans, la
10. birmingham, al
11. vancouver, wa
12. huntsville, al
Four places you have been on vacation:
13. ohau, hawaii
15. yellowstone national park-road trip
16. napa valley-road trip
Four of my favorite foods are:
17. ice cream
18. bread (fresh, hot french bread)
Four places I would rather be right now:
21. hanging out with friend in wa (even though it's freezing cold there)
23. at the beach
24. at the movies
Four friends I think will respond:
25. t- (maybe by email)
play with me!
copy and paste on your own blog.
delete my answers and insert your own.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
actually God has a funny sense of humor, funny timing and a perfect plan.
my 2006 new years goals were posted here last january.
while i can't say i've completely stopped saying shut-up and complaining i've done better at it.
in october we found our very first house and became home owners in november.
we haven't yet moved in because of the repairs that we've been doing but that's coming in feb.
and after being a couple days late, taking one test but being to impatient to wait for the result, taking 2 more with a positive result and my first trip to the doctor tuesday we are officially letting the blog world know that we are pregnant.
i'm due september 4th and so excited for our first baby.
.....baby makes three.
1. Ever After by Karen Kingsbury
i'm just waiting for the library to get this one in.
2. Before I Wake by Dee Henderson
i do have this on by my bedside. i just have a bunch of library books that i need to get through before i attack this one because last month i had a late fee at the library. i forgot to renew my books around Christmas. oops...
3. Seaside by Terri Blackstock
Monday, January 15, 2007
i just finished this book by: Amanda Eyre Ward and i really liked it. there isn't a whole lot that i can say about the book with out giving away to much of the plot and all but it's about love, loss, sisters, and family. there is a quote in the book that is a little sad and tells a little about the book, " When you are small, if you reach out, and nobody takes your hand, you stop reaching out, and reach inside, instead."
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
~went to fiji~visited yellowstone national park~ate from a chocolate fountain (loved that one cheryl)
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my good friend mia
3. Did anyone close to you die?
i don't think so
4. What countries did you visit?
is fiji a country?
5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
more money, well i guess we sort of do though because now we both have jobs
6. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
~ our trip to fiji~our move back to the south~the emotional time of leaving our great friends in wa~
7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
8. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my nephew. he's learned so many new things in the 6 short months that we've been here and it always impresses me
9. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
cheryl thanks for making me reflect i must say that my own behavior is not very good
10. Where did most of your money go?
a new house
11. What did you get really, really excited about?
our new house and the repairs. i know it sounds crazy but it just looks so pretty so far.
12. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier~maybe a little chubbier (is that a word?)~and definatelly poorer
13. What was your favorite TV program?
lost~gilmore girls~the office
14. What was the best book you read?
anything by karen kingsbury
15. Is there someone or something you missed this past year?
i wish i could see my friend t- more and of course all my friends in wa
16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
my parents and sister and her boy friend came for a visit and the guys how did our wedding ceremony and his family were there in my in-laws house. it was wild and crazy and kids everywhere and i just loved it.
17. What kept you sane?
18. What is one new thing you’d like to accomplish this coming Year?
have our first baby
19. If you could do ONE thing this New Year and NOT get chastised by, or for it, what would you do?
spend a whole day reading
20. If you could really, and actually, meet one blogger in 2007, who would you want to meet?
i know a couple of my blogging friends and i'm not sure which one of the ones that i haven't met that i would like to meet. it would definatelly be cool to meet all of you.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
1. Clouds by: Robin Jones Gunn when i was younger my mom bought me the Christy Miller series by RJG and she would give me a couple ever so often and i ate them up. i just loved to read them. after the 12 of them came the Seirra Jensen series and then later i found the Glenbrook series. Clouds is in that series and it's just one of my favorites. i love the characters and the setting.
2. it's hard for me to pick just one of these books... it's a series by Liz Curtis Higgs called The Lowlands of Scottland. there are 4 books in the series and they are just really good books.
i wrote this about the first one a while back.
3. finally The Princess by: Lori Wick there's not much i can say about this one just that every woman should read it. i loved it so much. it's been a while since i've read it so i think that i need to read it again.
yeah so all of these books are girly, romance books and those are some of my favorite but i also like Dee Henderson, Clive Cussler, John Eldredge and John Grisham. there are many more authors that i like but don't have all day to write them down.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
The Last Juror
At First Sight
What She Left for Me
Christmas Every Morning
Every Woman's Battle
Sisterchicks Down Under
Memiors of a Geisha
Sisterchicks Say OohLaLa
Grace in Thine Eyes
The Christmas Box
A Perfect Day
The Devil Wears Prada
opps i left one out.... Dear John
the list doesn't compare to 2004 where i read 57 book or 2005 where i read 50 books but i still found time to read and that's the important thing.