Saturday, January 02, 2016

One word

last year I participated with my cousin Lily in 52 weeks of adventures. My very first adventure was called documented faith and it was a sort of scrapbook, daily calendar, faith, challenge. I loved seeing everyone take on it all and got through maybe four months of it but that was it. but in January I posted about it as my first adventure here and talked about my One word. for 2015 it was Hope!

Putting my Hope in the one who made me. I came across so may verses that brought me back to my one word:

Kimberly Geswein Fonts

Psalm 71:14
Source: Aimee Weaver Designs
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for hope and a future."

Psalm 119:114
"You are my hiding place and my shield, I hope in your word."


There were also a number of songs that I heard that spoke of hope. I always found comfort and love when hearing them.

This year my one word is prayer. I struggled with this one. it was popping up all over the place. from praying for a friend of the family that was struggling with cancer, to praying for friends that are missionaries and praying for a college friends family as she was in the last stages of cancer and passed away right before Christmas. Prayer was surrounding me.  I am not always a pray first kind of person even though I know that is how and what I should be. I mean shouldn't I be crying out or praising the One who made me?  I want really focus on how to pray and what to pray and praying for others and keeping a prayer journal.

Prayer is another big one and an out of my comfort zone a little because corporate prayer intimidates me. I know that I all prayer doesn't have to be out loud but sometimes it is good to pray out loud and want to and need to.  my introverted ways and my emotions get in the way of prayers. I can get emotional during my own personal prayers so the idea of crying while praying out loud is just a bit overwhelming.

over all I am just hoping to be better about praying, about meeting with my Father and Creator and building a better relationship with Him. One where I run to Him first and seek Him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment