Saturday, October 20, 2018

More

it has been over a month since i posted about my sisters breast cancer.
I am so thankful that i was able to be there the night before her surgery and the day of the surgery. 
seeing her the night before and enjoying a yummy shrimp boil and then seeing her after surgery was really good. wrapping my head around it all via phone calls and texts was really difficult. it was good to see her and hug her and know that she was okay and they she would make it through this and did.
she is over two weeks out from the surgery and since then we have found out that she now needs chemo as well.
and not just any chemo but the awful kind. she told me it is called the "red devil"
my heart just broke all over for her and the circumstances of it all.
my best friend sent me a text the day or the day after that i found out asking how my sis was doing?
I was a mess trying to hold it all together and looking into the info she sent me about the chemo and decided to tell her, since she asked.
after texting back and forth she asked me how i was doing?
this was my response:
sad
mad
heart broken
wishing i could be there
do more
feeling guilty
fearful
selfish
there are way too many emotions going through me right now
sometimes its easier to just not think at all
its been a rough week here but i'm sure not nearly as rough as hers
so i can't complain
i just really hate this for her

the emotions are still heavy all around, even when we think things start to settle with them all. i am thankful that my mom is able to be there with her and help with her boys while her hubby has been helping her.
 Here is her post about the next step in this journey:
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing 
Medical update for anyone who’s following me on this journey. I’m 2 weeks post op & have met with all 3 doctors. As of now my margins are clear & they got it all out! My surgeon & oncologist ordered 2 different tests, oncotype which tests 12 genes & mammaprint which tests 70 genes. My oncotype came back low risk & after surgery we were under the impression that I would not have to go thru chemo. Then the mammaprint came back as high risk, so chemo will help with the risk of return.
I’m having a port placed on 11-8 and then chemo will probably start 11-12. The regiment I will be on is AC-T. AC is a combination of 2 drugs called Adriamycin & Cyclophosphamide (aka the red devil) & T is Taxol. There will be 4 rounds of AC, once every 2 weeks & Taxol which will be once a week for 12 weeks. It will be a long 20 weeks but nothing I can’t handle.
Thank you all for the continued prayers. Thanks Jennifer for my cute mug. #lesleys_breasties #cupofcourage #shebelievedshecouldsoshedid #spiritleadmewheremytrustiswithoutborders



No comments:

Post a Comment