Sunday, December 02, 2018

Things I Learned this Fall

I participated in this link up with Emily P Freeman when she did what she learned every month. she has now revamped it to what she has learned in each season. 
Here is mine:

1. Bridges to songs are my favorite


2. Who actually really cares


3. There is something special about borrowing a book from someone and seeing what they underlined and marked and circled and noted. It gives you a little glimpse into their heart.


4. I feel like i have known this for a while, but actually writing it down and marking it as something, for whatever reason in the fall i usually slow down on the book reading. I really haven't figured out what it is about the season that makes me slow down. The books don't seem to be uninteresting but for some reason i slow down which is shocking to me because chilly weather and warm drinks make me think, i want a cozy chair and a book but it just doesn't happen that way.


5. On our last night of our cruise, I mentioned to my hubby that i was glad that we waited till our kids were 8 and 11 to take them on their first cruise. that i couldn't imagine taking them any younger. he leaned in and said, "and maybe they could have even been older."
I made the comment after seeing a set of parents juggling a 9ish month old baby and a toddler at dinner and not seeming to enjoy it all.

6. The Month of October holds a new meaning for me. Aside from it being my most favorite month, it now holds the realization that breast cancer has touched our family.

7. a mammogram appointment seems scary, especially when your little sister is walking through the battle of breast cancer.
I posted about my very first one and this was what i said:
So this happened, yesterday. 
Maybe you've seen my posts about my sisters journey, you've most likely seen hers.
.

My very first mammogram 
These gowns aren't the prettiest but there is something comforting about them.
They aren't scratchy like the paper drapes. And while I know they get cleaned between patients there is something soft and comforting about them. Knowing they have been draped over the shoulders of countless women who have gone before me, had this procedure, been brave and strong through positive and negative outcomes.
I didn't feel nervous but teared up when i started talking to the tech. She was kind and compassionate. Gentle in her answers and instructions.
.
I was told I would either get a call back and not to worry about that call back, it was in fact my first. Or a letter. It's been over 24 hours and I haven't gotten a call back. Guess it will be a letter. Also guessing that means all is well. .
So here is the first year of tests to be preventative and proactive as my little sister told me#checkyourself

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:42 PM

    I love borrowing a book and seeing what the person underlined, especially when it resonates with me too. I am your neighbor at Emily's.

    ReplyDelete