Thursday, December 17, 2015

Advent

i have been going through the She Reads Truth Advent study the past few weeks.  I am a bit behind on the days, as i didn't start the study on time. I loved the refreshing words from one of my favorite bloggers, Ashley Ann at Under the Sycamore tree, "December arrives and in the past I’ve thought if we didn’t begin by the first day of Advent, well, all was lost. This year I decided that is ridiculous. I didn’t need to let WHEN we start take away from WHY we were counting down the days."

In her post she is referring to an Advent calendar that she made for her family but it was refreshing for me to read when i thought about not starting the Advent study on the exact day that the study started on.

I have gotten so much goodness out of this study and i love how it has made me think and see things in the Bible in whole new ways.

Two days ago i read this study, day 13: Jesus is the true and better Manna.  There were so many good things that i got out of the study but this one really stood out to me. In the story of the Israelites and the Manna from heave, "God the Father wanted to provide for His children, but He also wanted them to know their provider."  The miracle with the loaves and the fish, "They were so busy looking for the miracle, they forgot to stop and take notice of the One who performend it."

May i never miss knowing my Provider and His Son, Jesus. I can very easily fall into just wanting the food and to see the miracle that i loose sight of all that He has provided and the relationship with Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment