Friday, August 10, 2018

Dance

Decades ago I took dance. I took it for years and then stopped and in high school made the dance team all four years. I wondered if having a girl would mean dance. I never enrolled her at 3 or 4 or 5 and by then she had her own thoughts and ideas of what she'd like to do and we were fine with that. Just this year she asked about dance. I was thrilled but had to remind her of the commitment that it was. We spent the whole summer asking if she was sure and every time she came back with, Yes. She was. 
Of course she also wants to do art and piano and baking/cooking. One thing at a time little girl 

Side note: she wanted a new bag because mine had my name on it. I told her it was now hers. I'd put her name on it and it was "vintage" 
She saw it today with her name in silver paint pen and loved it. 
I love that my mom saved special things from our childhood. Sometimes I don't know what to save. 
Can I just box it all up and save forever?


first day of dance....she was ready


No comments:

Post a Comment