Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Random Tuesday

this isn't my normal random tuesday post the i get from cheryl. although is there really anything normal about random tuesday. this tuesday though was far from normal. well let's see..........it seemed to start out normal.

i was off of work, so after sleeping in i got up, got ready for the day and ran some errands. i went to the bank, walmart, got gas in the car and the library. after that i went to my mother in laws house to see my nephew and at around 1:50 left for my doctor's appointment. this is where it gets a little random. my apt was for 2:15, but being the day before the 4th the reception area was packed. i waited about an hour and 15 min before the got me back and put me in a room. in the mean time they had gotten my vitals and a urine sample. it really wasn't a big deal to me because i had my book with me. never leave the house without a book, you never know where you will be, what you will be doing, or if the people you are around are so boring that you need something to entertain you. (just kidding about the last one but i guess it could happen. it would be rude though, huh!?!)

so once i got back the doctor came in and went through his list of normal questions and then he got to my blood pressure and stopped saying the it wasn't normal. he had me lay back and the nurse came back in and checked it again and it wasn't normal. also he said that there was protein in my urine which i guess is the beginning signs of preclampsia (sp?). i'm getting a little freaked out at this point but trying not to show it. so he writes up some papers and sends me over to the hospital for some further monitoring and tests.

on the short drive over there i'm telling my hubby what's going on and he's asking me what they are going to do and i'm just as clueless as he is. i get there and the nurses are super nice. they get me a gown and hook me up to a blood pressure monitor and take forever locating the baby. they could hear him but he wasn't really cooperating with them. finally they found him and got the monitor in place and i just rested there and waited. my hubby showed up and waited with me. they took some blood for testing and did a swab and after what seemed like waiting forever they came back and let us know that all the tests were negative and that i could go home. during the monitoring part they were checking for contractions which i was having but they weren't to painful. just a tightening up of my tummy. what hurt was that whenever i would have a contraction my chest would tighten up as well. after telling the doctor all of this my orders were to drink a lot more water. try to get my feet up as much as possible during the day and that the tightening up in my chest was probably a little anxiety whenever i was having the contraction. we didn't leave the hospital will probably 7ish and at the point i was super hungry.

i'd say that this was about as random a tuesday as any. the doc wants to see me back in a week to make sure that i am doing okay. i only have 9 weeks left till full term. i'm hanging in there. hopefully i won't have to go back to the hospital again but to deliver the baby.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I am SO sorry you had to go through that! How stressful. I'm glad to hear everything is fine.

    A few months ago my protein was high in my urine, too. My MW told me to drink more water (like I don't have to pee enough) and to eat protein with every meal. Even toast and PB or a stick of string cheese would help. And it did! I know PE isn't something to fool around with, but it sounds like they may have over-reacted a little bit.

    Oh, and if you are retaining water (feet, hands are swollen) eat a TON of watermelon. I've been eating some everyday and it helps.

    I am missing you on this 4th. I'll email you with details later.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wasn't all that bad. i was just really nervous going into the hospital and not really know all the details of why. i keep thinking only 9 weeks left and maybe less. the evenings are getting really bad. it's not the lack of sleep but the pain. it feels like my ribs are burning and i get muscle ache's in my shoulders. i'm such a wimp. i'm just ready for this little guy to be here. i can't wait to meet him. i missed you guys too and can't wait to hear all about it. oh and i had some watermellon yesterday and maybe i will have somemore today. thanks for the advice. keep chugging the h20. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very random Tuesday! Sorry girl. Something random happened like when I was pregnant with Tuck. Everything ended up being fine...But it was neat to get to 'try out' the hospital and nurses and beds and all. I had been pretty nervous before and strangly that seemed to help settle it!

    Here's to hopen that you get a little bit of relief! My 'growing pains' always came in waves...

    ReplyDelete