Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Card Chandelier

Every year we get Christmas cards and I love, love, love it
Every year I consider not sending Christmas cards and then I think of all the Christmas cards that I receive and how sad I would be to not get them every year and I go ahead and send them. I love this time of year all the glitter and magic and awe. All to celebrate our Lord.
Along with getting cards every Christmas there is the need to figure out where and how to display them. I have hung ribbon on the wall and taped them to the ribbon, I have hung ribbon on the windows and done the same. last year I taped them all to the kitchen cabinets. this year I wanted to do something different. I have been loving all the hoop art the I see, my daughter has a few hanging in her room. I decided to make a hoop chandelier for our Christmas cards. I searched pinterest for something similar and found this and thiswhich i thought was really cute as well. but this would be the one that i wanted.
I found the hoop at a thrift store. I was not ever searching for it but there it was screaming for me to take it home. there were four in the pack. i had the red polka dot fabric (really the only fabric that was very Christmasy) and the fabric scissors, a hot glue gun was used as well.
I found this tutorial, by one of my favorite bloggers, Under the Sycamore, about cutting and wrapping the fabric around the hoop.
 
Supplies:
Hoop
Fabric
Hot Glue Gun (with hot glue)
scissors
bakers twine
hole punch for the cards when you get them
 
 
my cute little hoop once i was done all the wrapping and hot gluing
 
then i grabbed my green bakers twine and used it to hang the hoop up
 
we got our very first Christmas card in the mail today and I went ahead and hung up the picture on the chandelier. our elf, Alex, he was pretty excited about it too.
i just punched a hole in the corner of the card and used my red bakers twine to hang the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment