Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bitter Sweet Daze

today has been one of those days. the bitter part came with i had a check up at my dentist office and he found cavities under fillings that were just placed not but a year ago. i know! go figure! oh well, life will go on, but i just hate being numb.

the sweet part came in a variety of different ways....

i think my halloween/fall season has officially started because i had my first candy corn of the season. yummy!
it was also one of the girls birthdays at the office today so we went to Macaroni Grill for her birthday. it was delicious.
then she got to pick her birthday cake and she chose petti fores.(i'm not sure if that is the correct spelling but oh well) oh my goodness, those are amazing.
growing up we had a bakery called McKenzies that sold fabulous petti fores and they were one of my favorite treats. so today we also had petifores.
then, (i know the goodness keeps coming) i got an email from a dear friend who told me that our high school, JCCS, was playing the #1 highschool in the nation, hoover highschool, this friday in hoover, alabama. this excited me so much. i was giddy. i'm not sure of the status of my high schools football team now but remembering how good they were 8+years ago i'm thinking they still are pretty amazing. we'll see though. i asked my hubby if we could go to the game and he said we could talk about it so i'm super excited and hope to get to go.

so i've been in quite a daze today. it's been a pretty good day. i can put aside the bitter part of the day for all the sweetness this day has brought. GO PATRIOTS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    petit fours...and now that you said it, I'll be hitting the candy corn as well.
    Trac

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks teacher. :) and yeah the fall season can't start without some candy corn.

    ReplyDelete