Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dancing with the Stars

growing up i took dance lessons. i think that i was in dancing school for 10 years. once my best friend moved to another state (which meant she wasn't going to be attending the dancing school with me anymore) and i'm sure the cost of it, tuition, uniforms (seeing that i was in 3 dances plus the finale by my last year) i stopped going.

once i entered high school i decided that i still wanted to dance so i tried out for the high school dance line and made it along with my good friend t-. i was on the team my whole 4 years of high school and looking back i can say that i loved every minute of it. (at the time it may have been a different story) i was the shy one on the team. my friend t- flourished as a dancer because of her boldness during the training and dances. see, even though we were on the team we had to try out for all of our routines. (pep rallies, field shows, and competitions) i wanted to be out there dancing and not up in the stands watching but my shyness overtook me sometimes. i was impressed with the dancing abilities of the girls on the team and strived to be better and better.

dance team was really good for me because it pushed me and challenged me daily out of my comfort zone. the girls use to say break out of your shell j-s-. while i may not have come out of my shyness off the dance floor i think that i did on the dance floor. it was a great time for me and i wish that had never quit dancing.

that brings me to the tv show that i just watched. dancing with the stars. it was so much fun to watch the contestants dance with the professional dancers. i'm not to sure which one was my favorite but my top dancers tonight were emmitt smith, mario lopez, and monique coleman. there were other good ones and some not so good but everyone has to start somewhere and i'm just impressed that they had the guts to get out there and try. i'm excited for the season and to see how holds up through the end and who makes it to the finals. stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:10 PM

    i would have to say i am thankful to your dancing years as well. if you will recall your john curtis dance t-shirts served me well in college. :) i miss them. and while i'm at it..i miss our college years and those nights going to sleep at the exact same time;(except the night there was a huge toilet paper fight outside with the guys dorm..yes, crystal our r.a. was involved...and she spilled a huge bucket of water outside our door..ahh memories).

    ReplyDelete
  2. those t shirts did serve you well huh!?! and oh the college years. boy were they a blast. probably one of the favorite times in my life so far. i think m- too that's why he wants to work with college students so much. or maybe he has't grown up yet like people say about some men? oh well! what about the toilet paper in the dorm? i think you were in the married dorm for the water and flour experiance that the guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss dwts because S would make fun of me for watching it.
    Maybe I'll catch up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just tell him to shut up and watch it because it's good and fun. (you know i'm just kidding about the shut up part) tonight is the kick off show and they may show a recap of last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Emmitt! He was one of my Cowboys back in the Super Bowl Days! He did surprisingly great!!!
    My dd voted repeatedly for Monique C--the whole "High School Musical" thing.
    And I gotta say that Tucker C just cracked me up. I want him taying in there just for the humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he would be good for the humor part cheryl but harry was pretty funny too so was jerry. how knows. we'll see tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was fun to have you there too. thanks for experiancing it with us in a different way. stay tuned to dwts if you can it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete