Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Get-to-Know You!

Compliments of Cheryl

Submit your own answers, answer just one or two of them (I know it's kinda long), comment on my answers, or send us a link to your blog where you've done the quiz yourself.I'd love to hear about all of your Christmas memories, traditions, and favorites!

Here are mine . . .

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE
2. Does "Santa" wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I KNOW THAT WE HAD WRAPPED PRESENTS AND MAYBE THOSE WERE FROM MY PARENTS BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF WE HAD UNWRAPPED PRESENTS FROM SANTA OR NOT. HIS MAY HAVE BEEN WRAPPED TOO.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? FOR THE MOST PART WHITE LIGHTS ON THE TREE. THE HOUSE-GROWING UP WE HAD THOSE BIG COLORFUL LIGHTS THAT DAD WOULD PUT UP BUT AS WE GOT OLDER HE WENT TO ICICLE LIGHTS.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? YEP. MY MOM HAS THE SAME ONE THAT I THINK SHE HAS HAD FOREVER AND SHE PUTS THAT UP.
5. When do you put your decorations up? WE OCCASIONALLY HAD A REAL TREE BUT FOR THE MOST PART WE HAD AN ARTIFICIAL TREE AND IT WENT UP SOON AFTER THANKSGIVING. AS WELL AS THE STOCKINGS AND THE OTHER LITTLE THING THAT WE HAD TO DECORATE THE HOUSE WITH.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? CRANBERRY SAUCE. AND THE KIND THAT COMES OUT OF THE CAN. I KNOW, NO PREP WORK THERE AND SOME MAY THINK THAT I AM CRAZY BUT I JUST LOVE THAT STUFF.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? EVERY CHRISTMAS EVE I WOULD SLEEP IN MY SISTERS ROOM. WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER I WOULD SLEEP IN THE BED WITH HER AND AS WE GOT OLDER AND TO BIG I WOULD SLEEP ON THE FLOOR, OCCASIONALLY WE WOULD ATTEMPT THE SLEEP IN THE BED AND THEN SOME CHRISTMAS EVE'S SHE WOULD CRAWL ON THE FLOOR WITH ME. EVEN WHEN I GOT MARRIED I SLEPT IN THERE.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I CAN'T REMEMBER.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? NO BUT I THINK THAT MY HUBBY AND I NEED TO START THAT TRADITION.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? WHITE LIGHT AND THE ORNAMENTS THAT MY MOM COLLECTED FOR ME GROWING UP. SHE STARTED WITH A SERIES THAT HAPPENED TO START THE YEAR THAT I WAS BORN AND I'VE GOTTEN ONE EVER SINCE. AND DEFINITELY A STAR ON TOP.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT.
12. Can you ice skate? I HAVE BEFORE BUT I'M NOT SURE HOW GRACEFUL I LOOK.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? LAST YEAR MY PARENTS BOUGHT MY HUBBY AND I A DIGITAL CAMERA. THAT GIFT WAS UP THERE ON THE FAVORITES.
14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? I LIKE THE SHOPPING PART(WHICH IS NOT NORMAL BECAUSE I NORMALLY DON'T LIKE SHOPPING) AND WRAPPING PRESENTS ALL PRETTY (I THINK I GET THAT FROM MY GRANNIE) ALSO I TRY TO KEEP PERSPECTIVE ON THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, JESUS.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? THERE ARE MANY, MANY BUT ONE THAT I REMEMBER GROWING UP IS MOM'S PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? ALABAMA CHRISTMAS ALBUM, SITTING ON THE SWING ON THE BACK PORCH WITH MY SIS, THE CANDLE LIGHT CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE, PUTTING A CHAIR IN FRONT OF THE DOORWAY TO THE HALL, GOING THOURH OUR STOCKINGS LAST, THE WRAPPED PRESENTS WERE WRAPPED IN DIFFERENT COLORS (ONE FOR ME AND ONE FOR MY SISTER)
17. What tops your tree? STAR
18. Which do you prefer: give or receive? I LOVE THEM BOTH.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? MERCY ME'S "IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR" AND "DRUMMER BOY" AND AMY GRANTS "BREATH OF HEAVEN"
20. Candy Canes? I LIKE THE OKAY. I DON'T EAT THEM ALOT BUT THE PRETTY TO LOOK AT.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 AM

    Oh, great answers Andy!!! I remember those big colored lights that used to go on trees (very retro 70ish!). You and hubby should definitely start a tradition of unwrapping a gift on Christmas Eve. Gary and I never unwrap our gifts in front of everyone else--we always stay up late that night (AFTER Santa stuff has been done, so we're usually pooped!), light a fire, get some wine, and really take time unwrapping each gift from each other. It is the BEST tradition!
    peanut butter fudge--YUM!!
    I also love Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven. Forgot about that one! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colored lights were great. i'll have to talk my m- about Christmas eve gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:28 PM

    We were never allowed to open gifts on Christmas Eve no matter how hard we begged. I love cranberry sauce in a can too! Funny thing though, the joke in our family is that it always gets forgotten about in the fridge until several days later. Without fail there is always a can in the fridge that we forgot to eat!

    ReplyDelete