Monday, December 18, 2006

Family

think about this...you found out that your parents had a baby that they put up for adoption years before any of the rest of you and your siblings were born and they never told you or any of the rest of your family. what would your reaction be when you did find out or how would you feel? there may be a number of different reactions or emotions that you may have.

i've gone on the Baxters journey through life, reading the amazing book series by Karen Kingsbury. i love her writing and stories becuase they seem so real. their stories are gripping, sometimes sad, but always heart warming. the books are full of friends and family who stand behind you through the rough times. who know your true character, will defend your honor and not let what others think of you define who you are. they are stories of true love, finally found and the thing that are really important in life.

now to answer my earlier question about how i would feel about a long lost brother or sister. i think that there would be mostly excitement to meet this other family member. i know all about them and to embrace them as family, if that is truely what they too wanted.

6 comments:

  1. Jenn, I am reading that book right now! I love Karen Kingsbury. I completely agree. I don't think I have made it through one of her books without crying. The last one comes out in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Hey Jenn,

    I think I will put this one on my list. I am on my last Yadda Yadda Prayer Group book. I've been wondering what I'd read next. There are a lot of professional books I could read but I'm really not in the mood for those. What is the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. christina, i'm so glad that you are reading karen kingsbury. all of her books are awesome. have you read many others of hers. did you know that when we were living in wa she went to the same church as we did. i even got to see a ckt play that they talk about in the books. i saw God Spell and Cinderella (go figure right) :)

    Karen if you want to start at the beginning with the baxter family then you need to start with the book in the redemption series called Redemption the books to follow are, Remember, Return, Rejoice, and Reunion then the first born series come next and it's Fame, Forgiven, Found, Family and Forever (which comes out in the spring i think). they are all really great books. i would definatally recommend starting the the first in the baxter series because then you know about them since they are in the firstborn series too. enjoy and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heather, glad you're reading the books. aren't they great. i just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. I didn;t know that ckt was real! That's so cool. Did you ever meet Karen Kinsbury?

    ReplyDelete
  6. as a matter of fact i did. she had a book singing at her house and a friend of mine works with a lady that had kids who are on the same socker team as karen's kids and she had a book signing at her house (huge house too (like the flannagins in the books)) and my friend was invited by the girl that she works with and she took me and another friend of ours that's a huge karen kingsbury fan. it was great.

    ReplyDelete