Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers

I have been so blessed in my life to be surrounded by so many women who have prayed for me, encouraged me, cheered me on, taught me, molded and shaped who i am today.

My mom is for sure the #1 person who has been that in my life. I am so grateful for the Godly woman that she is. For the endless prayers i know she has prayed for me. For encouraging me through all of life. For be there to let me talk and talk and talk about anything and everything.

Aside from my mom there has been so many other women that i feel blessed to have in my life.  My grandmother, my sister, my aunts, Sunday school teachers, youth group leaders, camp counselors, mothers of some friends, friends who i looked up to in youth group, friends who stood by my side while growing up, friends who are still there, my mother in law. these women are tremendous and wonderful. they are a part of my past, present and future. I am thankful for the roles that they have played in my life and continue to play. 

Being a mom is hard work. I think a lot harder then I envisioned growing up. I am thankful to be a mom and even more thankful to have a mom to look up to through out this process and these women to think back on or turn to for prayers and encouragement because it would be pretty hard to go through this motherhood thing without it.

Happy Mothers day all you moms out there and also to women in general. Mother's day can be a hard holiday for some. It never really occurred to me until i heard a devotional at a meeting on Wednesday night. It was so eye opening about how there area so many women who can be hurting during this holiday. The woman who has lost their mother (no matter how long ago it was). The woman who has lost a child. The woman who is unable to conceive. The woman who is a step mother. The woman who is going through a custody battle. The woman who as had an abortion. The woman who just never had children, she just decided that she wasn't going to have children.  I pray that all of these women feel loved from someone on this day that can be so painful. I hope i can be a blessing to a woman in one or more of these categories.

I love you mom. Happy Mothers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment