Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Been to Long

oh my it's been over two weeks since i've last posted. we've been busy. my parents came to visit for a week. then my sister and her boyfriend came in. on saturday the 19th we had little guys bday party. (i'll post pics asap) my aunt and uncle and one of my bff's come to the party as well as my aunt kim (mom's sister) and her son and his wife and their three kids and then all of my husbands family. we had 32 people in my little house, and that's including me, my hubby and little guy. it was a lot of fun though. i was glad for everyone being able to come and celebrate the first year of little guys life. what a blessing he is.

during his party i was talking with my cousins wife, ashley. we were talking about blogs and she was saying the they look at mine and see lots of little guys growing up and i laughed about how my blog is called my spot but i talk so much about little guy. i'm not sure that last time i said anything about just me though.

so what's new with me.....i read for the first time.....To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and loved it. i never had to read this in school and i just never did but i really wanted to and my hubby bought it for me for Christmas (i love getting books for Christmas) and i finally got to reading it and really enjoyed it. when my parents were here i got a good bit of reading done. i read two books that my mom brought me to read. both books were by Richard Paul Evans and they were The Looking Glass and The Carousel. i really liked both of them. then once she left i finished a book that i started to read a while ago by Dee Henderson Before I Wake. and i think i remember my friend amber saying that it was disappointing. and i was to me too. it just ended. no couples forming, no person convicted, it just ended. i'm hoping the a sequel will be a redeeming factor but as of now i wasn't thrilled with it. once i finished that book i was bookless. then i remember having a book on my shelf that i read years ago and just loved. it's by Lori Wick and it's called The Princess. i needed something to read so i decided to read it again and i'm so glad that i did because i just loved it. there are a couple of books that i really want to read. some i am waiting on the library to have available and then one that i wish the library had but they don't. that one is... Twilight by Stephanie Meyers and then there is, The Shack, The Choice and Sunday's at Tiffany's. all of these i need to go check if the library has so that i can get to read again. i love reading.

in other news.....my hubby is waiting to hear back if he's got a new job, i am going to visit with my parents and grandparents in september, we are hoping to go to the beach in september, and my hubby and i are going to new york for a long weekend in october. i am super excited about that. my mom will come and stay with little guy.

we all had a virus this weekend that i am super glad if over. but we were able to watch a movie National Treasure 2 and it was really good. this week is back to a normal week of me working three days a week. and that's about it with us. just living life.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:08 PM

    How are you getting to go to New York? Can I come in your suitcase?
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. We *heart* To Kill a Mockingbird, but I guess that's obvious. ;)

    Are you on Good Reads? If you are, friend me- if you're not, you should be. If you are and we're already "friends" on there & I'm totally forgetting that, please forgive my addled brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been onto blogs for over a week and I was having major withdrawal. But now I'm glad to be back!! :-)

    SO glad you read TKAM. It's my very fave book and often pick up used copies just to give to people. :-) All the other books you're planning on reading sound great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and I saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. It was great but ofcourse the book is better. If you ever get a chance to see the play, take it. I am so glad there are movies that we can watch as a family. We enjoyed National Treasure 2 as well. Can't wait to see birthday pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~T it would be great if you could come in my suitcase but i'm not sure airport security would like it. we are going to ny because we had free tickets to there through jcpenney when whey were offering them when you bought 150 dollars worth of dockers apparel (mens apparel) and luckily m- needed new work clothes. we did this last year though and now after trying to get the tickets we are able to go. we still haven't booked a hotel yet but thinks have been really crazy so we will have to get on that. i am very excited and m- has already been so he knows all the spots to hit and what to do. we are probably going to take in a play and we both really want to see wicked.

    virginia- i'm not on good reads yet but i will have to check it out. thanks for the idea.

    cheryl-i've been checking your blog out. it looks like you have been busy but being at the beach is always wonderful. glad to have you back to blogging.

    abby-a friend of mine let me borrow a copy of the movie but i haven't had a chance to watch it. i need to but i know that the books are usually always better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, there you are! :)

    All good books!!! Let me know what you think of The Shack (I keep forgetting to post about it on my blog).

    Sounds like you have an exciting fall ahead of you. Can't wait to hear the details (DON'T FORGET TO POST THEM!)

    ReplyDelete