Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Picture this...

i've waited all day to vote.
my hubs picks me up from work and we head straight for the voting polls.
there wasn't much of a line so that was good.
when i get to the front i hand the lady my license.
she finds my name and stops.
there are the letters ABS next to my name.
she tells me that it's showing i've already absentee votes.
of course i haven't.
she's looking at me like well i don't really know what to do and i'm so upset, because remember i've wanted to vote all day.
i get tunnel vision, it's like i don't see anyone else around me and i literally stomp my foot and say "but i've waited all day to vote."
like she's just going to hand me a ballot and let me vote because of my 2 year old, toddler, temper.
i can't help but laugh at myself looking back at it.
that is why i chose to share it here.
the things we do.
my hubs tells me later that he thought i was going to cry.

basically what happened was i had to provisional vote.
it would nave counted if the votes were really close.
like a couple % margin and then they would have counted the provisional.
oh and i didn't even get my i voted sticker.
what an experience.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:18 PM

    J,
    You need to complain to the registrar of voters because this could be voter fraud, which I'm sure is widespread in this election. I would have pitched a fit too.
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one moment that a 2 year old tantrum is ok -- and voter fraud is the first thing that came to my mind!


    (LOL - my word verification is: indys)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yucko. That stinks!!!
    (I could have given you a I Voted sticker. They gave Sydney a roll of at least 10 of them! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought voters fraud too but i don't really know what to do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Complain to the registrar of voters, call the attorney general or even the FBI in Alabama. Any of those should be able to take your complaint or point you in the right direction. And, they do need to know since there is so much of it going around. Let me know if you want me to research the phone #'s for you to call.
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Go to the voter registration at your courthouse and ask to see the signature (which surely is not yours)...and then report voter fraud...and find out what you need to do or WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO to make sure that only YOU get to sign and vote in the next election. If you don't do this the same person might go in and absentee vote for you again.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Go to the voter registration at your courthouse and ask to see the signature (which surely is not yours)...and then report voter fraud...and find out what you need to do or WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO to make sure that only YOU get to sign and vote in the next election. If you don't do this the same person might go in and absentee vote for you again.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is frustrating. When the news is reporting the problems with the voting machines I wonder if they are counted in the end.

    ReplyDelete