Tuesday, May 31, 2016

What I learned May

That i can paint: my friend Kelly invited me to a paint party. I have only ever been to one other of these. it was strange going but overall i think we both did pretty good and now we can say we are painters.


here is the before. the instructor sketched a bit of a layout so we knew where and when we were painting

here are the two of us in different stages of our painting


here is another stage of my picture

trees added

i didn't like my swirls. they looked weird to me

the finished product

and both of us with our finished paintings
WE ARE ARTISTS!


that i could be a farm girl: I went on a field trip with my daughters class to a local farm. fully functioning farm and I love every single but of it. I even got to milk a cow.



that we can have chickens (we will see if that happens): In keeping with the above farm theme I found out that we can indeed have chickens. I am hoping that works out.

that camping continues to be my favorite: this was the second year that we went camping with my parents and had a lot of fun. we added another day to the trip so that made it nice too. we ate some great food and went on a nice hike. and of course when Bear and Golden boy are together there is going to be fishing.




I am still in love with steel city pops: last year when i found our we were getting a steel city pops i wrote this post about all of the flavors that I wanted to try. (really i just want to try them all) but this month i had my first Popsicle of the summer, Avocado. it was amazing and reminded me oh how i love Steel City Pops. my other post lists some that i still have not tried but to add to the list here are a few more:
Cherry Sour Cream
Blood Orange
Champagne White Tea
Lavender Lemonade
Mango
Raspberry Lemon
Strawberry Balsamic



this is the last month that I will have a five year old: how did we get to this point. I mean wasn't is just yesterday that she was born.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I love your photos and all that you learned this month :). My daughter wants chickens. I'm not sure sure she and her German shepherd will have the same idea about 'wanting chickens.' But she did discover that she can have them in the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for hoping over to my blog and reading. i hope to learn more about the chicken thing soon

      Delete
  2. I love your painting. What a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete