Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Highly Emotional

i'm not to sure i understand post pregnancy emotions. but they may not have been meant to understand and are terribly ridiculous. i have pretty good days for the most part considering my little boy can't come home yet. which brings me to my yesterday and my emotional state.

i've been battling an itch around my c-section incision, which just looked like a reaction to the tape over the stitches or quite possibly an itch from the hair growing back. then this irritation turned into red bumps and on sunday night they were under my arms and by monday on certain spots on my arms and now today on my back. the hits keep coming.

yesterday i called the doctor, who is amazing btw, and they worked me in, despite the fact that they had to resch. 8 of their morning patients to the afternoon because he had 2 emergency c-sections. i waited for three hours and he told me it was a yeast infection. let me say i am glad that i went because everyone else that i talked to was telling me it was a heat rash. if i would have waited longer my whole body could have been covered in it, even though it seems like my whole body is.

now for some good news on baby. he is now at 2 lbs 14.4 oz. they are having to feed him his 22cc's over a one hour period (still on a feeding tube) because of some spit up spells that he was having. his last spit up spell was 7:15pm on sunday night and so far he hasn't spit up again since. he had some blood work drawn today because he was forgetting to breath, which we've been told preemie do, and they all come back negative but they gave him a med with his feedings to help that. it's basically caffeine. we are going back tonight to see him and hoping for an increase in weight gain.

please continue to pray for sawyer and definitely for me as i live the day with itching. he didn't give me that pill for a yeast infection but it's 5 pills at 150mg that i take every 3 days for the next 14 days. thursday morning, when i can take my next one, can't get here soon enough.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying keep up with Sawyer's progress. Even when everything goes perfectly - I guess by perfect I mean exactly as you imagined - it's amazing how the hormones and emotions can get the best of you. I'm sure it's that much more difficult when you don't have your baby at home. Hopefully in the hard times you can just think of his adorable, little face and know that soon God will send him home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you girl. Having watched my sister go through similar nicu experiances lets me have a little more insight on how to pray for you, michael, and little sawyer. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you guys. your words of encouragement help so much. i appreciate all the prayers and moral support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a horrible rash after having C. that the doctor told me would go away on its own. 3 months later it was still there and I was as miserable as ever.

    I'm glad yours is only a YI and totally treatable.

    Thanks for the updates! and WOOHOO on Sawyer's weight gain. Come on 3 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete