Monday, January 25, 2016

Dear

Future Daughter-in-Law,
Here are a few things you should know before joining our family.  First it is nothing like i have ever expected but everything wonderful, even in the hard times. We can be loud. Man we can be loud.  I, personally am more introverted. But, put me in my home, with the people I love and the small parts of me that is extroverted comes out. It is like living in a house of four firstborns, i mean there are technically only three but my daughter is all her own and brings a new-ness to this parenthood thing that we never experienced with our son.

We love big.  We jump full into relationships with those we love.  We love adventures. They can be big or small, either way we love it. We desire to have a better relationship with Jesus because we know that we are never going to get it just right.  And ultimately we have prayed for you over the years. I never really considered this aspect of relationship with someone what i have yet to meet, but when heard of people who pray for their future daughter-in-law, i knew when we found out we were having a son, that i would spend a number of moments praying for you. for your health, your family, your childhood, and your relationship with the One who made you. I don't know what your life, before we meet you will be like, but know that i have prayed for you through it all.

Know that marriage is not always perfect because we aren't perfect people, but love is a commitment and like one of my favorite song speaks of: "Love is a shelter in a raging storm, love is peace in the middle of a war, and if we try to leave, my God send angles to guard the door, no, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for."(by Warren Barfield)

Welcome to the Family sweet Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment