Saturday, February 04, 2017

The Latest

so Tuesday the duct guys came out to work on the house. (my last post lets you know about that)
on Wednesday they came back to finish. They did some work inside and then they left at about 2:20 letting me know that they would call the inspector with the electric company to come out and inspect the locked pipe and then they could come and reconnect the ac/heater unit.
when I got home on Wednesday at 1 the house was colder inside than it was outside. It wasn't going to be to cold of a night and we usually like to sleep when the house is a little colder so we were fine.

at 3 on Wednesday the movers came to move somethings in our storage container. Only problem was that for some reason the Abatement team that was going to come out to treat the asbestos told us they were coming Friday February 3rd but somehow we didn't get put on the books for Friday.

so our kitchen sits pretty bare with this beauty in all its glory. I got to see it without a table cloth on it for a few hours. we keep it covered because, well we would like it to stand the test of time.......our kids, not to much.

I don't think I  made a blog post on this table so here is a bit of info about it.
I asked my parents if they could make me a farmhouse table.
I even send them some plans of ones online.
someone gave my dad this table top which was actually four feet longer. my parents sanded and stained it. the top is two church pews that are connected together. I just love knowing that the table we eat at was once in church and the prayers that were lifted up to heaven were heard by that same God who hears our prayers here at this table.

the legs to the table were at a friends furniture store and were pretty much a perfect match. then they made the bench. the top to the bench they made but it was so heavy they didn't know what to do to add legs. then their neighbor was throwing out their kitchen table and guess what legs were on that table? yep, almost the exact match to our kitchen table leg and way lighter than the wood that they were going to have to use. (it really is a beast of a bench)

so that all brings us around to Thursday.
I get home at 1 and then  house is freezing but I have no idea if they have been out or not to fix the issue of turning the gas back on. I grab my tiny space heater and my computer and sit down to work on the taxes (which is stressful all by itself)
I get a call from the flooring company saying that the floor we chose for our kitchen is out of stock they sold every last bit of it before we made our order and it wasn't being remade.

I went to get the kids from school and found out that somehow my daughters glasses are now missing. (this is two pair in a year)
When my hubby got home from work he called the contractor and they informed him that they inspection was done and that the duct work people had hooked the heat back up so he went to turn it on. guess what........nothing happened. at that point everyone was off of work and they were saying that we would just have to wait until Friday morning. I was upset because Thursday night was going to be really cold and the house was already so cold. my hubby got on the phone and contacted the owner of the company and informed him of all that was going on. he said he would be out Thursday night to look at it but that there was still a chance that it wouldn't be fixed till Friday. Thankfully he was able to fix it Thursday night. it was just a wire that didn't get reconnected. I jokingly told my husband in a text to kiss him for me for getting it back on. I was so happy.

fast forward to Friday night........we still can't find Little girls glasses, the taxes aren't completed yet, we have heat and I went to a flooring store and actually met the rep who had been telling the flooring company that the floor we wanted was out of stock (crazy circle of events) and he was extremely kind, very helpful and things are looking up for the flooring issue. I have some photos of the two choices we are deciding between. really they are so very close that either would be a great choice.

so it is now Saturday, we have Golden Boys basket ball game to enjoy, a date, church, the super bowl and some time relaxing with the family before a deep breath and another week of house stuff.

Abatement is coming on Thursday and putting us up in a hotel through the weekend. it will be like a small party next weekend as I am sure wherever we pick will have an indoor pool and the kids will love it.

NOW TO JUST FIND THOSE GLASSES.

No comments:

Post a Comment