Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Baskets

I posted this back in January when i was trying to figure out what i wanted to put above the coffee bar.

i started collecting baskets when i saw some basket walls on Pinterest.
I asked my hubby what he thought and he wasn't all the crazy about it.
he wanted to do another Bible verse sign and liked one that i showed him that i wanted for above the piano.

the one i wanted for above the piano was one that i would have to make and it was large scale. i didn't want something that large here but thought i could make it smaller and was fine with it for above the coffee station even though i really wanted to hang the baskets and had them. 

i started talking to him about the size of the signs and the look and he said you know what, just do the baskets. i see you have them so just go with that. 
sweet, i was going to get my baskets after all . yay!

I laid them all out of the floor and then started using small nail to hang them. i sent this picture to my mom to let her know that i was getting started on it.

i hung that small basket and towel holder first (to the right of the coffee pot)

a different angle and more added

after i got all of them up i realized that one of my favorites was sitting on the table and i missed hanging it up. 
I asked little girl to hold it for me to so that i could send the picture to mom and my sister for thoughts.


mom said that she thought that it was too many baskets. she didn't realize that i so many collected.
i stepped back and looked at it and tried to start rearranging. 
we went though a few moves until i got to where i liked it.
my grandmother was visiting my mom so mom showed her the photos and she gave her suggestions too.




i landed here with all of them and mom said that she thought i should put some space between all of them. to keep them in the same places but spread out just a bit.


i spread them out and sent her this picture. she said it looked great and then came back with well maybe the long one needed to come down a bit. by that point it was later in the evening and the kids were asleep and i was ready to chill so i waited.

the next morning i pulled it down some and snapped a picture and sent it to her.
Perfect!
yay for finally having something over the coffee cart and i am still loving it a week later.

1 comment:

  1. I think your coffee cart area turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete