Monday, December 02, 2019

Things I've Learned this Fall

want to participate in what you have learned this fall? hop on over to Emily P Freeman's blog and link up there.

1. Podcasts are my new favorite
some that i have been listening too this fall are:
The Next Right thing by Emily P Freemen
That Sounds Fun by Annie F Downs
Correct Options by Trey Kennedy

Which ones do you listen to?

2. Tea and Downton Abbey with friends is fabulous
My friend Kelly and I decided to host a tea before a group of us went to see the movie. It was such a fun time of treat and chatting with these ladies about all kinds of things. I am so glad we did this. 




3. Sunsets have become my favorite.
There has been so many amazing skies this fall. 
Here are a few:







4. my kids say the best and sweetest stuff. usually right after we had some rough moments. i don't have a for instance but just know that it does happen and it is the sweetest.

5. I'm not the only one who doesn't buy school pictures.


I posted this photo on my Instagram with the caption: Just curious....does anyone acutually order school pictures? 
There was alot of talk about school pictures and two people admitted to me now being alone in the NOT ordering school picture. Most of the time my kids are still pretty cute in the picture, it's just that the picture quality itself is awful. the one time i decided to buy the CD of the photo was when my oldest had a special photo taken in 5th grade because the next year he was going to be in 6th, new school, middle school. It was like a "graduation" type picture. It was terrible. not just the quality but my typically cute kid looked bad and the photographer didn't fix his collar. 

6.Sometimes days don't go as expected and that's ok. they can still be beautiful.

This was on my Instagram from this season: Today didn't go anything like I expected. Honestly I didn't have to many expectations but get the tiny humans to school, get to work, get them home safely and go on a date with my hubby.
.
An hour after her lunch period I realized that today was thanksgiving lunch at the school. This is the second to last year that I will get to have lunch with her for Thanksgiving or really any time and I missed it. 
.
I cried a few tears for sure. Tonight we chatted about the day. She didn't seem as torn up about me missing as much as I was, only that she was one of the final three standing in the spelling bee and only the final 2 get to advance, she was the 3rd to last.
.
I could have cried even more tears for her. Tears of sadness that she didn't advance as much as she had hoped, even though we didn't practice a single one, even though I had high hopes of practicing some with her, And tears of joy that my girl, was THE THIRD PERSON STANDING and had not studied one single word.
.
Best laid plans. Sometimes not #andyschoolthanksgivinglunch NOT #butjustassweet

Books Read in September:
Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, Deborah Biancotti 
Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock
The Library Book by Susan Orlean
Parkland by Dave Cullen
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Against All Grain by Danielle Walker
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal
A Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Books Read in October:
Where the Crawdads Sing by Deila Owens
Unmarriagable by Soniah Kamal
Inheritance by Dani Shapiro
Educated by Tara Westover
I Think You're Wrong (but I'm Listening) by Sarah Steward Holland and Beth A Silvers
The Starless Sea by Erin Morganstern

No comments:

Post a Comment