Friday, February 28, 2020

Things I've Learned this Winter

Linking up with Emily P Freeman for things i have learned this Winter. you can find my other posts through the the seasons here.

1. God things still amaze me.
His connections in life are just my favorite. On December 1st I started the She Reads Truth Advent study A Thrill of Hope. There was a reading called A liturgy to Mark the Start of the Christmas Season from Douglas McKelvey. I had no basis for where this was from. Some friends of ours invited us to attend the Andrews Peterson Behold the Lamb of God  20th anniversary tour. Not only did i hear a story that i have heard before on the That Sounds Fun podcast with Annie F Downs but i also recited with 100s of other people this Beautiful liturgy by Douglas McKelvey. I love how God connects the start and the end of the day with glimpsed of Him.

2. goals are good
resolutions are good
sometimes we make them and they bog us down
we can make them and keep them
i have also learned that they can be made and if they aren't kept, it is all ok
one of my 2019 goals was to read the Bible in the year. I came up 11 days short. Reading the Bible in a year is a good goal. some may even say a great one. i can choose to be disappointing that i didn't complete it, or brush it off, finish those 11 days and be thrilled that i completed reading the Bible, growing closer to God and learning new thing


3. watching archery is my new favorite.





4. making One Second Everyday videos, are my new favorite. 


5. finding things that my daughter writes is the best
I don't remember being an overly confidant child. I knew I was loved but was shy.
.
I am so thankful for our church and the lessons and truths that they instill in my child. I saw this and wasn't 100% sure when or where she did it. I asked her about it this morning and she said at church, last week. I asked her if they had a mirror to look into. She said yeah and that it was fun.
.
I just love this.


Books I read in December:
Noel Street-Richard Paul Evans

Books I read in January: 
Olive Kitteridge-Elizabeth Strout
Ramona's World-Beverly Clearly
The Most Fun We Ever Had-Clare Lombardo
The Noel Stranger-Richard Paul Evans
Child of Grace-Dr Chris Brown
Risen Motherhood-Emily Jensen and Laura Wifler
Mr Popper's Penguins-Richard Atwater and Florence Atwater
A Season of Grace-Lauraine Snelling

Books I read in February: 
Beholding and Becoming-Ruth Chou Simons
The Last Romantics-Tara Conklin
The Tattooist of Auschwitz-Heather Morris
The Dearly Beloved-Cara Wall

3 comments:

  1. Andy, good lovely morning from over at Emily's! Loved being here with you and agree that January might be one of our best reading months of the year!

    And for sure, God things still amaze me each day. His mercies are new every morning, aren't they ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, So enjoyed your post and your book recommendations - I'm looking for an Andrew Peterson book now! Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Moment Holy is where the prayer was from but Andrew Petersons new book is called Adorning the Dark and i am currently reading that one.

      Delete