Thursday, December 31, 2020

Ease

My one word for 2020 was Ease.
Who would have know what we would be up against when that word came to me.





January and February we watched a lot of archery and it was so much fun to watch little girl get better and better every time she competed.  We mingled, connected, had fun.

then we all know were March took us. half way through the month, days of quarantine with what seemed like no end in sight.
.
.
.
.
.
And then 65 days we finally saw some signs of an end, but maybe not. 
Even though I had come to realize that things change, all.the.time. You'd think that after 2 months of constant change, I'd have adapted. NOPE! In all honesty, it probably took me till November to actually settle into and feel ok with ever changing circumstances.

I still can't say that I am 100% at ease. The unrest of our country and the educating of our kids, the tug and pull of all the feelings about seeing people or not, has made this word even more important for 2020. It has made me really think about easing into things, being easy with life, the ease of our pace, being at ease with me.

When I think about the word ease, I don't think easy or simple. I think of it as the opposite of unsettled. I want to settle into am ease, maybe a peace, a relaxing of thing. If 2020 taught me anything, I think it taught me to be ok with sighs of relief, with the realization that He is ultimately in control.

While this has been a wildly unsettling year, there was been many moments of ease that would have never happened if not for the craziness of 2020.


No comments:

Post a Comment