Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Things I Learned This Fall

I usually do better about jotting things down throughout the season for Emily P Freemans Things I've Learned practice.

This season has been different. I didn't even think about how we are at the end of one season and time to reflect back on this one that has passed. Here are a few things from this time:


One last trip to the Lake is bitter sweet

My parents bought this place when my oldest was a toddler. there has been 10 years of memories made here. We are sad to see it go but know that there will still be memories made on their next adventure, wherever that may take them






Starting something 3/4ths of the way into a year still works

I have seen these before and honestly wish that i had stated this at the beginning of 2020. What in unusual time to look back on in 5 years. I started it late but what matters is that i decided to start. get you one and get started.



Holding a baby is still my favorite and kinda makes me want another

 (but that ship has sailed) This is my co-workers little guy who we have prayed for, after coming early and spending months in the NICU. He is just precious and i just know that God has great things for his life.



Pumpkin Cream Cold Brews are my new most favorite Starbucks drink

I usually get the Pumpkin spice latte during this time but started seeing people sharing about the cold brew, which i had never tried. oh my goodness it was the best. this was one of maybe 6 that i had during this season. I even attempted to make one at home that came out pretty good.



October will hold a special place in my heart for more reasons that, "I LOVE FALL"

My little sister is has been cancer free for 2 years and this October, i decided to wear pink every day of the month for her. She is  one incredible lady.  




She continues to amaze me

my 10 year old was asked to recite the Lords Prayer in one of our church services. She was way more nervous than the last time she walked onto that stage but she still did it and i am so proud of her.

She also had a dress up day at school during red ribbon week and she went to bed the night before saying that she was going to dress up as her teacher from 2nd and 3rd grade. She knew exactly what she was going to wear too.  Yall, when a teacher inspires and deeply loves your kid, there are sometimes no words but a thank you. We have been so very blessed by the love and care that this teacher poured and pours into the kids she teaches.


Traveling with him is the best 

at the beginning of fall break we stole away for 2 nights to walk a lot of stairs (jk, hiking, but it was a lot of stairs on these hikes) it was so fun and just what we needed.

Books I read this Fall:
September: 
Becoming Mrs Lewis - Patti Callahan
The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue - Karina Yan Glaser
Such a Fun Age - Kiley Reid

October:
A Place for Us - Fatima Farheen Mirza
Always and Forever Lara Jean - Jenny Han
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forrest - Melanie Dickerson
The Beautiful Pretender - Melanie Dickerson
The Nobel Servant - Melanie Dickerson
The Healers Apprentice - Melanie Dickerson
The Crossover - Kawame Alexander

November:
The Merchants Daughter - Melanie Dickerson
Secrets - Robin Jones Gunn
The One and Only Ivan - Katherine Applegate
Windows of the Soul - Ken Gire
When Women Were Birds - Terry Tempest Williams
I'd Give Anything - Maria de los Santos
Raymie Nightengale - Kate DiCamillo  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment