Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chapter 2 Going to the beginning with Eve

Diving into the second chapter of Captivating I found myself discouraged. I wasn't feeling inspired as the first chapter left me and the discouragement came from a majority of the chapter talking about unveiling beauty and why it matters. And while I long to be the beauty, I found myself frustrated and not feeling like it. So that's where my frustration and discouragement was left.

However, what excited me about the chapter was...well picture this (as the Eldredge's put it)
Darkness over everything and God's breath over the waters, then the voice speaks, "Let there be light." On and on the voice, God's voice speaks bringing more and more things into creation........land, water, grass, trees, fish of the sea, birds of the air, land animals and man. The master piece seems complete, yet somthing isn't right and then God creates Eve. The finishing touches on His creation, His master piece. We, as women, aren't second thoughts but the finale. As women we don't normally think like that but we should be encouraged that that was the plan in our creation.

This was one aspect of the chapter that captured me. The other was that we are created in the image of God, male and female He created them. Women are relational right? Well those same desires we have as women, longing for love, to be sought after, desired, God wants those things too, from us.

Back to my frustration with the chapter. Sometime after speaking to my husband and sharing with him, my frustration with part of the chapter and my internal struggles in our group I mentioned about how I desire for our house to be neat, clean, the bed made, all that good stuff but I sturggle with actually accomplishing those things and he said, maybe that's one way that you unveil beauty and I just stopped ranting (which I do) and smiled at him thinking that was the coolest thing that he could see past all the struggles into the beauty and maybe what I was longing to see myself. And in all that my frustration became my joy.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! Way to go in with the encouragement, M! You are so smart. They should give you a degree or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is good with the encouragement. i need to be better at it.

    ReplyDelete