Friday, April 21, 2006

Chapter 3 Haunted

Are we haunted by Eve? Do we deal, on a daily basis, with the fear of abandonment or is our core question "am I lovely?" Why do so few women have anything close to a life of romance? Lonliness and emptiness are far more common themes. Are most of your relationships with women fraught with hardship? Is our lonliness a problem because our relationship with God isn't right or in check. What are your deepest worries or fears? Is it, will I be a good wife, will I have children one day, will I be a good mom, will I make friends, am I good enough to be all these things or more? Are you a dominationg woman or are you a desolate woman?

So many questions and so few answers right now. Most of them need to be searched out in your own lives and heart and that is one reason that I feel drawn to this book Captivating, because it really helps you to take a look at your own life and to answer some questions that you wouldn't necessarily think on your own.

Eve failed as Adam's ezer kenegdo. Rather than bringing him life, she invited him to his death. And Adam failed Eve as well. He offered not his strength but his silence; not his protection but his passivity.

We hide only our truest selves and offer only what we believe is wanted, what is safe.
Ladies stop hiding. We need each other and the encouragement and friendships of others. Open up and share your lives with those around you. Here are a few encouraging words that a good friend of mine shared with me just this week prior to our study: I think we can all learn from each other...especially you. I would encourage you to just be vulnerable and honest with your answers...which I know is difficult sometimes, but we will all benefit from hearing each others struggles and victories!! I'm sure you are doing this already, but prayerfully consider what the Lord is saying to you as you work through the chapters. I am really excited to do this study with you and am so glad you are in this group---we need you! Don't let Satan enter your thoughts and try and tell you that your answers are wrong or too different to share! Speak out sister, you probably have some powerful things to share and Satan is afraid of what may happen if you voice them. "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love." The SON is shining :) What an awesome encouragement she was to me when I most needed it. This is what we need. This is what I need.

1 comment:

  1. I've been so busy lately trying to get in a routine with my household and the "not-a-baby-anymore" baby that I haven't read much but this is FANTASTIC!

    Thank you for these AWESOME words!

    ReplyDelete