Thursday, January 04, 2007

Three Things Thursday

my favorite books...

1. Clouds by: Robin Jones Gunn when i was younger my mom bought me the Christy Miller series by RJG and she would give me a couple ever so often and i ate them up. i just loved to read them. after the 12 of them came the Seirra Jensen series and then later i found the Glenbrook series. Clouds is in that series and it's just one of my favorites. i love the characters and the setting.

2. it's hard for me to pick just one of these books... it's a series by Liz Curtis Higgs called The Lowlands of Scottland. there are 4 books in the series and they are just really good books.
i wrote this about the first one a while back.

3. finally The Princess by: Lori Wick there's not much i can say about this one just that every woman should read it. i loved it so much. it's been a while since i've read it so i think that i need to read it again.

yeah so all of these books are girly, romance books and those are some of my favorite but i also like Dee Henderson, Clive Cussler, John Eldredge and John Grisham. there are many more authors that i like but don't have all day to write them down.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, girl ... we're off to Seattle next weekend. Any suggestions? Restaurants? Attractions?
    dcdaspit@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going this weekned coming up of the next weekend? definatelly go to the down town are (pikes place market) home of the first starbucks and there is a restraunt that makes yummy fish and clam chowder. oh it's called ivers. go there. that's pretty much all that we did when we were there. there's plenty to do though i'm sure. i'll ask my friend and let you know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I don't really read much Christian fiction, but I loved Liz Curtis Higgs' Bad Women of the Bible (that's theright title, isn't it?) That was a really insightful book!
    The one Christian novelist that I do really like is Terri Blackstock. Have you read any of her stuff? (Kind of Christian suspense.) She's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheryl i haven't read her stuff yet but it's on my list of books to get from the library and start to read. i'm going to start the cape refuge series. if you like her you may like Dee Henderson. she has a really good series called the o'malley series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a really long post about our beloved Seattle and I either deleted it, didn't post, or some other stupid thing. I'll try it again, keeping it short this time:

    Great places to visit: Pike Street Market, Pier (any shops are great, you can find real salt water taffy, the aquarium is awesome, and IVARS -- best chowder EVER), and the Underground Tour which can be found at Pioneer Square. Any hotel concierge can tell you about it. I've done the Underground tour twice, it was totally worth it. Even if you're not a history buff it's a lot of fun. Downtown Seattle is full of shopping and of course the University Blocks (UofW)offer lots of great restaurants.
    The Needle and the Music Experience are also close to downtown/pier area, but both are expensive.

    The best place to eat lunch or dinner will be Ivar'on the Pier I HIGHLY recommend ordering at the counter outside. That in itself is an experience that I can never explain. You can eat inside if you want a linen-napkin, sit-down type of dinner.
    If you feel brave there's a great breakfast spot within walking distance of the pier. Just ignore the johns and prostitutes and you have a great greasy-spoon breakfast. It's on the corner across from Pike Street Market down from the pig. It's an irish name...sorry, not coming to me.
    OR, if you're not feeling that brave, but really hungry, check out BETH's. They serve a 12-egg omellette and have a great reputation in Seattle for greasy-spoon food.(just google 12 egg omelette)

    Hmmm...so much for a short comment. Sorry, J! If you have questions or need more info, email me at calvinsmomster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete