Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Kicks

after a long day at work and swollen ankles (cankles) more swollen than they have been this pregnancy, i broke down and decided that last night was the night to buy new t-shoes. i had been sporting the same pair for the past 2 years. actually it was probably longer then 2 years, but whose counting.


i love my old pair. in fact i bought them just like the pair that i had before then only a darker grey with orange on them. so having 2 pair that i really liked i figured that the shoe selection process would be quite easy. go to shoe store and buy the same kind that i already have only in a different color.


i went into every shoe store in the mall and every one had them only they were boring. well maybe not boring but not what i wanted. they had them in white, black, and occasionally plain grey and brown.


the frustration continued to rise as i went from store to store. maybe it was silly to get frustrated about something like that though but it was still there. finally after picking up a movie (that we didn't get to watch) and getting gas in the car my hubby took me to shoe carnival. i don't remember shoe carnival being all that great of a shoe store when i was growing up so i was a little apprehensive about going there but decided not to pass up the opportunity.


i walked into the store and asked one of the sales ladies where the woman's t-shoes were. she asked me, "woman's athletic shoes?" and i just couldn't help myself by saying, "are there any other kind?" why can't i filter out things sometimes. what a jerk am i! luckily she was extremely helpful. i let her know that i was looking for the new balance like the ones that i was wearing. she took me right to them and they had the biggest selection than any of the other stores that i had been in. yeah for shoe carnival they are a great shoe store.


funny thing is that i didn't even end up buying the ones that were like my old ones. i got another pair of new balance and i love them. she said that they had more support then the ones that i went in looking for and they were very light weight. so hopefully this will help with the cankles along with lots of water and keeping them elevated as much as possible.

6 comments:

  1. It's not being rude, it's being hormonal. For some reason, when we are pregnant, the hormones take over the part of our brain which allows us to keep our mouth shut when we normally wouldn't dream of uttering such nonsense.

    Fortunately, you are a very sweet person and I can't imagine you saying any other way but with a smile -- even if you were ready to slap the woman on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankfully God is gracious and she was just as sweet even with my sarcastic comment. i even told the store manager that she was very sweet and helpful. maybe it was trying to make up for my rudeness earlier but even still i was blessed with a nice sales woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and if you are retaining water, eat LOTS of watermelon. My mid-wife gave me this tip. I was really swollen by month 8 & 9 with Calvin. Eat a whole watermelon by yourself (over the course of one day is fine) and by the next you'll look and feel better. Watermelon is a natural laxative -- it will push all that water right out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the poop tip. :) i'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alfalfa tablets will make all ankle swelling DISAPEAR. They were recommended to me by my Bradley childbirth teacher, my pre-natal yoga instructor and my midwife. My OB had not heard of them, but researched them, and gave me a thumbs up. They are cheap, I paid about eleven dollars for 1000 tablets, you take 6-10 per day. They also help with regularity, increase milk production and provide great nutrition. They saved me from a lot of misery.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. elfmom..thanks for stoping by. and definatelly thanks for the tip about the tablets. i think that i may have to try them. i'll have to go and check out your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete