Sunday, September 13, 2015

Adventure 37

Adventures in hair dye.
I am not going to lie, I have been finding gray hair more and more and more lately. I can't exactly remember when I started but they are pretty bad (especially when I wear my hair in a pony tail)
 
I went to Wal-Mart the other day to pick out hair color. The last time I went I left having not bought anything because the hair dye aisle was to over whelming.
I had a color at home that I considered using but I told my hubby that it was called chocolate brown (it sounded yummy to me) but he mentioned that I have some red in my hair and that maybe I could go with something that is auburn colored.
 
This time I went to the hair dye aisle and I can't believe how quickly it took me to pick out the color. I find the Revlon Colorsilk hair dye and I found color #49 Auburn Brown and within minutes, probably seconds I had it in my hand and was walking away from the dreaded aisle.
 
I had my daughter take this before picture of me
 
then I attempted to get a picture of the grays (I think you get the idea)
 
I was with my mom who helped me, no she pretty much dyed my hair for me. I am so thankful that she did too.
one color that I saw when I was picking out my hair color was a burgundy. I didn't really want to be too reddish purple and after getting all of the dye in my hair and tying it up I was shocked at how purple it looked. I was pretty worried that I was going to hate it. after we rinsed it out it was definitely redder than I thought but I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either but it was do able for now.
 
here are two after pictures that I took

I think I will try #44 medium reddish brown sometime
or #41 medium brown
or #27 deep rich brown
or #30 dark brown
I don't mind being a brunette, I kinda like it.
but for now I am an auburn color and that isn't so bad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment